Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ombre nails!

Today I decided to experiment with the ombre nail trend. It's kind of grey and gloomy outside (in typical Seattle fashion) so I figured, let's keep with that theme. I chose a kind of purple-y greige color palette. 

New York Color in Park Ave, Essie in Cocktail Bling, and Zoya in Megan.

I started with my shellac base (a base and a top coat) and then painted my pinkie and ring fingers with the darkest shade. Then I did my middle and pointer with the middle shade. Then my thumb with the lightest.

Here they are after just the first coat.

Then I did a second coat and finished with a shellac top coat. It took way longer than a typical one shade manicure because I was trying not to smudge any of the wrong color polish on the wrong nail...but it turned out pretty well!

Love that shellac shine!!!

I love the ombre look but I'm not sure how I feel about wearing it around for an everyday look. It's a little much for my taste, but it'll do for today!

1 comment: